PAPERS IN REFEREED JOURNALS:
1. Race, Gender and Cyberspace: Investigating Narratives of Privilege in www.suicidegirls.com. New Media & Society. 9.4. (2007): 577-602.
2. The Introduction of Microbicides Must Also Target Men. (with R.J. Smith). Journal of Men’s Health and Gender. 4.1. (2007): 81-84.
3. Playing at Colonization: Interpreting Imaginary Landscapes in the Video Game Tropico. Journal of Communication Inquiry. 30. (2006): 142-162.
4. Protesting Privilege: an Autoethnographic Look at Whiteness. Qualitative Inquiry. 12.4. (2006): 736-749.
5. Invisible Cords and Ties that Bind: Queering Female Friendship. Journal of Bisexuality. 6.3. (2006)
6. Erasing Queerness/Constraining Disability: Representations of Queers with Disabilities in Frida and Double the Trouble, Twice the Fun. Canadian Journal of Woman Studies/les cahiers de la femme. 24. (2005):171-175.
7. Between the Margins. Atlantis. 27.1 (2002):52.
8. She Who Laughs Last: Getting Funny with the Campus Feminists. Canadian Journal of Woman Studies/les cahiers de la femme. 22/21.4/1 (2001): 82-83.
9. Bisexuality Angst. Canadian Journal of Woman Studies/les cahiers de la femme. 22/21.4/1 (2001):113-117.
BOOK REVIEWS AND BOOK CHAPTERS:
10. Reading Video Game Theory: Book Review. New Media & Society. 9.4. (2007):169-173.
11. Bio-Benefits: Technologies of Criminalization, Biometrics and the Welfare System. Greeberg, Joshua and Sean Hier (Eds). Surveillance and Social Problems. Fernwood Press. Forthcoming.
12. Using Biometrics to Re-Visualize the Canada-US Border. Kerr, Ian and Carole Lucock. (Eds). On the Identity Trail: Anonymity and Authentication in a Networked Society. Forthcoming.
PAPERS UNDER REVIEW:
13. Airports, Welfare, and the State of Exception (with J. van Loon and E. Kruger). Submitted to Body & Society.
FORTHCOMING EDITED JOURNAL:
14. Communications Research and the Study of Surveillance (with Kelly Gates). The Communication Review. 10.4. Forthcoming December 2007.
The Communication Review: Guest Editor – Special Issue on “Surveillance and Communication” (with Kelly Gates)