The Sands of Time (novel)
|Series||Doctor Who book:
Virgin Missing Adventures
|Set in||Period between
Arc of Infinity and
|Preceded by||The Eye of the Giant|
|Followed by||Killing Ground|
The Sands of Time is a 1996 Virgin Missing Adventures original novel written by Justin Richards based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features the Fifth Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan. The story is a sequel to the 1975 Fourth Doctor Pyramids of Mars and once again features the Osirans.
Visiting the British Museum, Nyssa is soon kidnapped leaving the Doctor and Tegan to face the consequences of an Ancient Egyptian prophecy.
This book uses the spelling “Osiran”, which matches the pronunciation of the word in the Pyramids of Mars, although production paperwork on that serial spells it as “Osirans” and “Osirians” in different places.
- The Sands of Time at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library – The Sands of Time
- The Sands of Time at The TARDIS Library
- The Sands of Time reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- The Sands of Time reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)