The English Way of Death
|Series||Doctor Who book:
Virgin Missing Adventures
Romana II, K-9
|Preceded by||The Man in the Velvet Mask|
|Followed by||The Eye of the Giant|
The English Way of Death is an original novel written by Gareth Roberts and based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features the Fourth Doctor, Romana II and K-9. It takes place immediately after the Missing Adventure The Romance of Crime, also by Gareth Roberts.
This book was republished by BBC Books in 2015 as part of the History Collection.
Summer, 1930. London is in a heatwave. The Doctor, Romana and K-9 come to holiday but uncover time pollution locally. What connects the isolated Sussex resort of Nutchurch with a secret society? What is the involvement of millionaire Hepworth Stackhouse? And what is the deadly green vapour?
Big Finish Productions, an audio production company based in the United Kingdom, announced they were doing an audio adaptation of this story starring Tom Baker and Lalla Ward, respectively. It was released in January 2015.
- The English Way of Death at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The English Way of Death at The TARDIS Library
- The English Way of Death at Big Finish
- The English Way of Death reviews at Outpost Gallifrey Archived October 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. (Archived)
- The English Way of Death reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)